Chicken Lettuce Boat with Hawaii Balsamics Mandarin Orange Balsamic
Instead of bread get your veggies in by using lettuce leaves. Fill any kind of curved lettuce leaf with grilled chopped chicken breast, and your favorite veggies like onions, sprouts, cucumber and or sliced almonds and drizzle on some Hawaii Balsamics Smoky or Mandarin Orange Balsamic. It is delicious and so much better than bread.
1 cup chopped cooked grilled or baked chicken (Prepacked chicken works well)
1/2 cup bean sprouts
1/4 cub slivered almonds
1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
1/2 cup diced cucumber
! medium graded carrot (optional)
1. Wash and paper towel try bean sprouts.
2. Peel and thinly slice red onion.
3. Dice cucumber into small cubes.
4. Grate carrot.
5. Wash and paper towel dry 6 to 8 medium curved lettuce leaves (Endive and Romaine lettuce work well)
6. Heat chicken in not stick frying pan or microwave
7. Take lettuce leaves and put 3 or 4 stripes of chicken in each
8. Fill lettuce boat with small amounts of the remaining veggies and top with a teaspoon or so of slivered almonds
9. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of Hawaii Balsamics Mandarin Orange Balsamis over the top, place in serving platter and enjoy!